As the #1 railing contractor in Sioux Falls, we offer plentiful options on adornments which include medallions, rosettes, scepters, and globes. These design options mean we can put together railings that are truly one-of-a-kind.
Our expert designers and fabricators have many years of experience putting together unique-looking items while preserving functionality. They can assemble the railings of your dreams.
Accents allow you to provide the perfect complements/contrasts to your window frames, sidings, and ornate hand rails.
COMMERCIAL RAILINGS IN SIOUX FALLS OVERVIEW
When it comes to engineering a beautiful, one-of-a-kind railing, adornment options and an experienced fabrication crew are essential. As the top railings contractor in Sioux Falls and the American Midwest, we made sure to include both of these in our selling points. No matter the type of railing you want—whether something made from a ready design or one from your imagination—our team of designers and fabricators are here to make your vision a reality!
COMMERCIAL RAILINGS IN SIOUX FALLS FAQ
When are railings required in Sioux Falls?
Answer this question by consulting your local codes and authorities. Generally speaking, however, a guard railing is required for any situation with a deck, patio, stairs, or any general surface with a drop-off of thirty inches or more.
What are the general requirements for railings?
Again, check with your local codes and authorities. Generally speaking, however:
- Heights of 42” for commercial or multi-family dwellings.
- A maximum opening of 4” is required anywhere throughout the railing system.
- A railing should not deflect more than an inch when a force of two hundred pounds is applied either vertically or horizontally (and not consecutively).
What are the requirements for stair railings?
Stair railings must meet the following requirements:
- A grab rail specific in profile, location, and size. In most cases, the rail is 34” above the nose of the stair tread. The grab rail should also be no larger than two inches in diameter and feature no obstructions. (A user needs to be able to safely run their hand up and down the course of the railing.)
- Stairs with steps sized 36” or less require at least one guard rail. Wider stairs require more than one.
- A one-foot horizontal run at the top or bottom of a set of stairs is often required in commercial settings.
- For handicap railings, a one-foot horizontal and vertical return at each end with a second lower railing (allowing people in wheelchairs to reach it) is required.
Can our fabrication team custom-build your railings in Sioux Falls?
Of course! We have fabricated literally thousands of different railing designs with the following process.
- We have catalogs and website photos full of railings designs for you to review in designing your railing. We also recommend that you search the web as railing fabricators and home builders are promoting more and more of their products on-line. A popular railing accessory provider, King Architectural Metals, has an excellent website with several design assistance tools and views.
- With three veteran computer aided design (CAD) programmers, we will provide you with a CAD drawing of your dream railing. Always demand a CAD view of your railing before allowing any fabricator to build your unique design. If your first glimpse of your new railing is only once it is built; you may be very disappointed. CAD views will provide details that include material selection, all necessary dimensions and even a three dimensional view.
- Once you have selected a design, we will personally field review your application. All custom railings must be field verified by a professional fabricator. Never purchase a railing locally or online without having the fabricator review your installation site. It is easy to overlook little site details such as base trim, carpet to tile, set-backs and reveals, etc. that only a professional fabricator will be keen to notice.
- With five certified welders, we will build your product to the highest standards. All custom metals products should be fabricated in accordance with AWS D1.1. AWS is the acronym for the American Welding Society. This group is the governing agency that sets the standards for steel fabrications. D1.1 is the written standard for welding steel materials. D1.2 is the standard for welding aluminum materials. Request that your fabricator build your railing to these standards.
- With hundreds of color samples and paint applications, we will work with you to select your colors. There are as many types of paint applications as there are colors. The most popular and widely used are the following:
- HVLP. High volume low pressure paint process is the most popular application. This process has the benefit of getting paint into tight corners and angles. It is a wet paint application that should include a two coat application of a quality primer and top coat.
- Electro-Static. A wet paint application that charges the paint particles and applies an opposite charge to the railing. When the paint is applied it is immediately attracted to the metal surface, providing a very consistent coating with no overspray. This process should be applied in conjunction with the HVLP system as electro-static paint is difficult to get into tight corners and angles.
- Powder Coating. This coating provides a plastic like candy apple coating to metal products. It is powder that is applied to the fence and then melted in an oven, creating a baked-on tough coating.
- Galvanizing. Leaving your fence with a shiny silver coating, galvanizing seals the fence from rust and corrosion with a zinc rich finish. Though this is a great application to prevent rust; unfortunately, most paint applications do not adhere to the shiny galvanized finish unless first brush blasted.
With over 50 years of experience, we can be counted on to install your product on time and to your satisfaction.
A railing can be and often is the focal point of your property. We understand this fact. In turn, we believe every railing should be treated like a work of art.